Urban Green Technology is a distributor of small wind and renewable energy systems. We take pride in offering high-quality vertical-axis wind turbines and hybrid wind and solar streetlamps to customers around the world. Along with our cutting-edge green energy solutions, we promise exceptional safety, reliability and quality customer service.
"Our ambitions are to make a lasting impression in the small wind industry, with features and performance that will set new standards for this industry" - Mike Berdan
- Function in low winds and generate useable power at a low wind velocity while at the same time being capable of handling extreme wind conditions.
- The design must be very quiet and able to operate in the urban environment.
- Supporting low elevation and mountable on existing buildings.
- Durable Structure to with stand high winds with blade speed control and materials to ensure many years of performance, with low service and maintenance.
- Light weight so the unit can be portable and easily assembled.
- Simple design for manufacturing and installation and service.
- Variable scalability for desired specific operations.
- Low cost to the consumer with fast ROI.
- A unique design to fit into any environment.
- For Consumer, Business applications and portable power.
- Allowing other future products to be adaptable.
- Offer security with built in safety features and redundancy if failure occurs.
- Ensure power production for both Grid tie and off grid applications.
Design to Market
With all these criteria in place, Mike Berdan was able to use his experience in automotive and aerospace design with the support from a world-renowned wind expert Tom Carbone and his group, to reach all these goals. With the support of wind tunnel evaluations and fluid dynamics, the first prototype of the EOW2 wind turbine was developed. After continued years of testing and design changes for structural functionality, Tom Carbone and Michael Berdan built an alliance and released the initial development data, thus, ending the testing phase.
Mike Berdan set off on his own to continue to design and modify the structure and test new components, finding the best combination to pass onto the consumer. In a short 4 years, Mike Berdan patented the mechanical structure and functional features. US patient # 29/426,799 was approved and issued in 2012. Currently there are more patents pending in Canada and the EU.
Currently at BE-Wind
Currently at BERDAN-TECH, we seek to continue to attract a green and renewable customer base, which will allow us to setup a completely independent operation for manufacturing and development of new green technologies. We also seek to expand our designs, achieve our goals, and develop technology to further support an emerging and ever growing small wind market. In penetrating the global renewable energy market, we currently have functional and developmental turbines located in the United States, Canada, Germany, England, Nicaragua, and Belize.